Genital warts are a very common sexually transmitted infection. They are caused by HPV or Human Papillomavirus, and most sexually active people may suffer from it at some point in their lives.
However, there are home remedies to fight genital warts and HPV. In this case, we will be talking about green tea.
Properties of green tea
Green tea is a combination of antioxidants and nutrients, so it can be said that it is a very healthy infusion. The virtues attributed to it are varied and numerous, but let’s mention the most important ones according to its content:
- It contains polyphenols that are antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and help fight cancer.
- Includes catechin EGCG or epigallocatechin gallate. This is a flavonol that inhibits the action of the hormone Dyrk1A that harms brain function.
- Contains minerals that are important for the good health of the body.
- Improves brain function and optimizes intelligence by including the right amount of caffeine and the amino acid L-theanine.
- Increases energy more gently and stably than coffee.
- Helps reduce weight and fat.
- Improves physical performance.
- Includes antioxidants that help prevent some types of cancer and fight HPV and genital warts.
- Protects the brain from aging, preventing diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces the risk of infections because it kills bacteria.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Minimizes the possibility of cardiovascular problems.
In summary, people who consume green tea are more likely to live longer.
How to use green tea against genital warts
Studies carried out at the Hospital de Clínicas of the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, report that a topical green tea ointment for genital warts caused by HPV is an effective and well-tolerated treatment.
The test was performed on 502 people, of which in 57% of the cases the genital warts completely disappeared. The rest of the cases achieved partial results.
The catechins contained in green tea, which is the main ingredient of the ointment used, effectively function as antiviral and antioxidant. The biological activity of the same manages to dry the genital warts until they disappear.
Treatment made with ointments that include green tea is done by placing the ointment directly on the warts, until they disappear. This type of ointment is approved for the topical treatment of genital and perianal warts.
Can I drink green tea to get rid of HPV?
While some components of green tea help, as we already mentioned in previous paragraphs, in the prevention of certain types of cancer, there is no scientific endorsement that it helps to cure HPV and/or get rid of genital warts.
Also, research suggests that the intake of green tea extract infusions does not decrease the risk of contracting cervical cancer in women who are infected with the HPV virus.
However, it can decrease the possibility of having cervical or cervical dysplasia. That is, the intake of green tea can reduce the formation of abnormal lesions caused by suffering from the human papillomavirus infection.
These were some tips to help you know how to deal with HPV. However, there is much more you need to do if you really want to get rid of HPV and warts forever.
What you need to do is GET RID OF THE ROOT of the problem.
For that reason, I recommend you to look into Dr. Kirkland's story and how he was able to cure HPV and get rid of warts for good.
Are there contraindications?
Contraindications may arise in treatments applied externally. There is no record of consequences produced by drinking green tea extract infusion.
Some of the patients treated with ointments containing green tea reported minimal side effects. Most of these consequences were mild to moderate skin reactions, irritation, or some kind of rash.
The affected skin is the area where the cream was applied to the genital wart, or the one surrounding it. It is a problem that ends when the application of the ointment is interrupted.
However, in case the problem continues, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
What other tea or infusion can be used against HPV?
From time immemorial, many plants have been used in the field of medicine to treat, prevent, or alleviate the symptoms of some diseases.
As we already know, the strength of the immune system is the best weapon available to fight the human papillomavirus and genital warts. Keeping the immune system strong and healthy requires:
- Varied and nutritious food.
- Physical exercise
- Quality sleep hours
- Good Hygiene
Some plants, in addition to green tea, have antiviral properties that perfectly complement what is required for the good health of the immune system.
These plants are:
- Mint: add two or three teaspoons of the herb in 150 ml of water, let it rest for 10 minutes, and you can drink it up to three times a day. It’s an antiseptic and antibacterial that has Omega 3, vitamins A, and C.
- Basil: prepare an infusion that you can consume up to three times during the day. Powerful antioxidant that includes vitamins A, C, and K in addition to numerous minerals.
- Rosemary: with 150 ml of water and some rosemary strands, you prepare a delicious drink. It is an antioxidant and natural antibiotic.
- Melissa: is a lemon-scented herb. To prepare an infusion, put a tablespoon of leaves in a cup of boiling water, and let it rest for 10 or 15 minutes. It is a natural antibiotic that also facilitates good rest, achieving quality sleep hours.
- Sage: you can drink this infusion up to three times during the day. To achieve it, add 4 to 6 grams in 150 ml of boiling water and let it rest for several minutes. It is an aromatic herb with powerful antioxidant properties.
What you need to do is GET RID OF THE ROOT of the problem.
I wish you great success in your recovery!
Medically reviewed by Dr. John Wellington. Dr. John Wellington is a board-certified physician specializing in urology. With over 15 years of experience, he is passionate about sharing his knowledge through a popular health blog. Dr. Wellington holds an MD from Ivy League University and is a member of prestigious medical associations.
Email - LinkedIn